Head of Marketing
Remote | Senior
We are seeking an experienced marketing guru to join our team. As head of marketing, you will craft strategies and be hands-on in executing plans. You’ll play a critical role in defining how we create a compelling presence through social channels, influencer voices, and authorities in dating/relationships. You’ll do all of this with the goal of helping people date better and more effectively.
You could consider your role title to be CMO if you’re well suited.
- Refine our understanding of core customer segments, brand/product positioning, and messaging.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies and plans.
- Define marketing channels and media mix in collaboration with outsourced marketing partner.
- Own marketing plan execution and operations - with support from outsourced marketing partner.
- Partner across Weaver to better understand user needs, product needs, competitive landscape, etc.
- Manage budgets, creative, media, partners and process including talent selection and post-campaign learnings.
- Be a leader, serving as spokesperson and point of contact for partners, media and press.
- Amplify Brand and Product projects with specific influencer partnerships by managing talent identification and vetting, outreach, negotiations, ideation, and measurement.
- Proactively find ways to leverage emerging trends, dating insights, and business opportunities.
- Define success metrics and regularly share results with leadership.
- Translate campaign reports into actionable insights for teams, projects, and processes.
What We’re Looking For
- An experienced consumer marketer with 8+ years experience building marketing strategies and plans for high-growth, culturally relevant brands (in-house or agency). Experience in tech, lifestyle and/or a subscription business is a plus.
- A doer. Someone who can courageously plot a path forward and drive execution in-market - and serve as a public spokesperson and brand leader in the market.
- Proven track record of building campaigns that bring brands into new, culturally relevant spaces.
- An interest for all things social media and Internet culture. You have a finger on the pulse of emerging digital platforms, and the creator/influencer/celebrity landscape. You know your way around TikTok, Instagram, Discord — to name a few.
- You’re a leader who can confidently work autonomously and also be collaborative - enjoying partnering with, learning from, and educating peers.
- Brand building storytelling abilities with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred: experience working in a startup
Who We Are
Weaver is the only dating app based on core values that could make or break a relationship to match people based on what’s most important. Weaver alerts people to Red Flags & Deal Breakers of potential matches before the first message. Most professionals within the dating & relationship sphere agree that mutual core values is one of the most important factors when vetting dates & significant others. Through encouranging a greater focus on the truly important parts of people and less so on the superficial ones, we endeavor to facilitate better dating habits.
We’re a small start-up just getting our feet on the ground. Although this means our resources are little and risk is high; it also means a great amount of flexibility, having autonomy, starting in a senior leadership position and staying there as we mature and grow.
Our Core Values
- Empathy - In order to understand others, we must first put ourselves in their shoes. Listen openly & often. Speak with care & never make assumptions.
- Curiosity - There are always opportunities to learn & grow. Ask questions, keep your mind open & try on a new perspective.
- Vulnerability - There is no courage without vulnerability. Creativity, taking risks, deeper connections & achieving greatly require stepping into vulnerability.