Full Stack Developer
Remote | Senior
We are seeking an experienced full stack developer to join our team. As a full stack developer, you will work in coordination with other roles including UXD/Product and Data to lead cross-disciplinary feature creation/development from start to finish and to improve the quality/reliability of Weaver’s cross platform app and other services.
You could consider your role title to be CTO if you’re well suited.
- Take ownership of feature development
- Own issue tracking and resolution
- Hold a strong understanding of iOS and Android fundamentals
- Lead and facilitate the project development process at Weaver
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to build features
- Design and build with an emphasis on quality and scalability
- Own complex projects end-to-end and effectively communicate to stakeholders
- Work in a cloud native tech stack including AWS
- Be a thought leader for development strategy and technical direction
What We’re Looking For
- You have 4+ years experience in cross platform development
- You have at least one published app to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- You have experience with developing iOS and Android applications
- Experience and proficiency in React Native
- You can own complex projects end-to-end, coordinate with other roles, and communicate broadly to internal stakeholders
- Nice to have: experience in software development building APIs at scale
- You have strong software development and design fundamentals
- You are capable of clear, productive, and empathetic communication
- You are excited to share opinions on best practices
- You are open, curious, and eager to learn
- Preferred: experience working in a startup
Who We Are
Weaver is the only dating app based on core values that could make or break a relationship to match people based on what’s most important. Weaver alerts people to Red Flags & Deal Breakers of potential matches before the first message. Most professionals within the dating & relationship sphere agree that mutual core values is one of the most important factors when vetting dates & significant others. Through encouranging a greater focus on the truly important parts of people and less so on the superficial ones, we endeavor to facilitate better dating habits.
We’re a small start-up just getting our feet on the ground. Although this means our resources are little and risk is high; it also means a great amount of flexibility, having autonomy, starting in a senior leadership position and staying there as we mature and grow.
Our Core Values
- Empathy - In order to understand others, we must first put ourselves in their shoes. Listen openly & often. Speak with care & never make assumptions.
- Curiosity - There are always opportunities to learn & grow. Ask questions, keep your mind open & try on a new perspective.
- Vulnerability - There is no courage without vulnerability. Creativity, taking risks, deeper connections & achieving greatly require stepping into vulnerability.